Monday 5 February 2024

Gear Review Salomon Mid 4 gtx Boots

 



Brought these as a lighter weight option than my full leather Vasque goretex boots.
Was wearing a pair of Under Armour hike boots I found online for $100 lightweight felt like I was wearing sneakers, not too bad after thrashing them on 3 hikes can't imagine them lasting too long, only problem is they are not waterproof , I like to walk thru streams creeks puddles etc... without thinking twice of keeping feet dry also for snow so a fully waterproof boot must tick the box.

Black Friday sales were on so I picked them up for $260.... took them for a test run in Sherbrooke Forest covering around 12kms got to test them out thru longish wet grass and some puddles I submerged them for half a minute, feet socks all dry very nice , very light feel like a trail runner.  Only problem I had was a blister on the heel right foot. The heels are quite stiff not much padding so I brought some heel grips from Chemist Warehouse , took them on a 19km walk thru Bunyip state forest and had no blisters.

Last hike I did in the High Country I got a blister on the left heel this time, was quite disappointed , so I have ordered some wider heel grips and some spongy blister tape and lined the heels of the shoe.
Will report back and hopefully have no problems.....or il'l be in search for another brand....









No comments:

Post a Comment

Mt Nelse September 2023

The 2023 Australian snow season in particular Victoria was below average with ski resorts closing weeks ahead of usual end times. I had mana...